Monday, March 21, 2016

Coping With the Fur


            For all the God-fearing dog lovers out there, this one goes out to you. This past week has been quite a hard week. Family, work, and school all “hit the fan” this week. In the midst of everything, my dogs decided to lose their minds. LIKE ALWAYS, I found my patience running thin.

Hazel (little one), Faith (red), and Maggie (brown)
          

  God decide to let me in on a little secret. Those little furry things that get on my nerves, are there to teach me patience. As the time comes to start planning for a family, of course God’s trying to teach me patience. Knowing how I was as a child, I can say they might be a little worse on the nerves.

          


  
This week I decided to have a little fun with my post and explain just what my patience goes through in my process of sanctification, with the help of some four-legged friends. These pictures will consist of our “fur babies”.
Hazel bath time

Maggie bath time
          


  Bath time….. the bane of my current existence. Between jumping out of the tub soaking wet or soapy and shaking dry in the midst of towel drying. Talk about aggravating, AND once the bath is over they resent you for it. 
Maggie's version of decorating

            





Faith on the forbidden blanket

The messes are just unreal! Between destroying toys or walking in to see one of them laying on a blanket (which is forbidden). Or my personal favorite, the blatant disobedience. Between these, my dogs keep my attention “occupied”.

         






They also love driving or at least thinking they know how. I find that every trip my wife and I go on, our dogs find their way up in the driver’s seat. Driving over the speed limit on the highway one can see how this is a recipe for disaster and irritation.





My wife and I often find them resistant to our affection. This one is more understandable because I hated my parents loving on me when I was young. Unfortunately for me, it seems these three pups go through “phases”.

But through all of these things, God is teaching me to love even when my patience is out of the window. It is so much easier to discipline and get frustrated in the heat of the moments, than it is to keep a level head. These three dogs are teaching me just that. Thought it will be easy in the future to spank my children in the heat of there disobediences, it goes so much further to love first and then act. This can be applied to my relationship with family, my wife, and friends. Because “Love covers a multitude of sins”.

  



            












No comments:

Post a Comment