Friday, March 4, 2016

The Call

       I think I spend more time worrying about the “call” on my life than actually leaving it. Currently in life, I find myself about to graduate after 5 long years in college. We all know what come after… finding a “big boy” job. But that is only half of it.
       With this new season in life approaching fast I also have to worry about finding a job were my wife can find one as well. Talk about a full plate. In the midst of the job hunt and trying to find a place to live, we constantly bombard each other with the question, “what do we feel like God’s calling us to do”.
       In this time of uncertainty and confusion, we both have been consumed with the speific “calling” God has for us. This on a healthy level is good and from the father, but are we to consumed with the call to act accordingly?
       And I find this demilma very prevalent in the church today. People are too consumed with finding out their calling from God to actually protispate in His will. Bare with me here.
     Because we spend so much more time worrying about the call on our lives, verse living the call. We desire explicit unilaterally directions from God. It seems as if we are unable to knowingly trust God without these directions. But here is the thing, we aren’t promised those directions.
       Christ has given us as believers basic actions and standards to live by. Preach the gospel, love god and love people. Of course people are called to missions and people are called to being a shepherd, but the meniscal life choice are never meant to be clear to us. If they were there would be no need for Faith.
        I find myself now praying more for a place to love people for god than I am about my job or living situation. No matter where I go in life loving people and God will always be my call. God may never tell me in a audible word or a spiritual manifested sign, but that is okay! Christ Jesus as pardoned me of my sin because of His own righteousness. Because of that gift where ever my wife and I end up, we are called to those three things.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment